Dwars door Vlaanderen is the final race in Flanders before the Ronde van Vlaanderen. The Roeselare > Waregem trajectory is 182.8 kilometers in total with the last hill at about 10 kilometers from the finish. In Table 1 you can find our Dwars door Vlaanderen predictions.
The predictions are based on Zweeler game points (so you do not see e.g. probabilities). In the Zweeler game’s riders score points by ending up in the top 25 of a race. The first place is good for 120 points, the 25th spot yields just 1 point. Points scored as overall winner (separate prediction) are not included. Since it is a single race game more expected points indeed mean a higher probability of winning. Furthermore, keep in mind that:
- Our predictions are based on quantitative models and are presented in hard tables instead of stories.
- We are continuously improving our prediction models and some type of predictions may be better than others.
- Especially the classics/single day race algorithms have room for improvement. We, for example, do not account for nationality and race location. Not something to judge lightly in Flanders!
- Always combine these cycling predictions with other information.
- The predictions are generated for the riders on the startlist that we downloaded the 3rd of April from Zweeler.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to send us a message.