We are halfway two weeks of races in Flanders. Next up: Gent-Wevelgem in Flanders Field. This 251.5 kilometers long race features quite some obstacles. Starting with cobbles, hills and most likely quite some dust. Below you can find the predictions for the Gent Wevelgem can be found in Table 1.
Our predictions are based on Zweeler game points (so you do not see e.g. probabilities). In the Zweeler game’s riders score points by ending up in the top 25 of a race. The first place is good for 120 points, the 25th spot yields just 1 point. Points scored as overall winner (separate prediction) are not included. Since it is a single race game more expected points indeed mean a higher probability of winning. Furthermore, keep in mind that:
- Our predictions are based on quantitative models and are presented in hard tables instead of stories.
- We are continuously improving our prediction models and some type of predictions may be better than others.
- Especially the classics/single day race algorithms have room for improvement. We, for example, do not account for nationality and race location. Not something to judge lightly in Flanders!
- Always combine these cycling predictions with other information.
- The predictions are generated for the riders on the startlist that we downloaded the 28th of March from Zweeler.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to send us a message.