Paris Roubaix is the third monument of the year. The riders have to cover 257 kilometers from Compiègne to Roubaix, 54.5 of those kilometers are cobbles, divided over 29 sectors. The race organization estimates that the total amount of cobbles involved is 6,076,000. Three of the 29 sectors are of the toughest 5-star category.
Important: Don’t forget to check out our Paris Roubaix race statistics page
In Table 1 you can find our Paris Roubaix predictions. The predictions are based on Zweeler game points (so you do not see e.g. probabilities). In the Zweeler game’s riders score points by ending up in the top 25 of a race. The first place is good for 120 points, the 25th spot yields just 1 point. Points scored as overall winner (separate prediction) are not included. Since it is a single race game more expected points indeed mean a higher probability of winning. Furthermore, keep in mind that:
- Our predictions are based on quantitative models and are presented in hard tables instead of stories.
- We are continuously improving our prediction models and some type of predictions may be better than others.
- Especially the classics/single day race algorithms have room for improvement. We, for example, do not account for the amount of cobble kilometers in a race.
- Always combine these cycling predictions with other information.
- The predictions are generated for the riders on the final startlist that we downloaded the 12th of April from Zweeler.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to send us a message.