Ronde van Vlaanderen is the ultimate climax of two weeks of racing in Flanders. The monumental race race starts with 80 ‘peaceful’ kilometers until two sectors of cobbles show up. The first hill at 120 kilometers from the start is the Oude Kwaremont. After 256.6 kilometers the riders reach the 17th and final climb of the day: the Paterberg. The last 12 kilometers of the race is more or less flat.
Important: Don’t forget to check out our Ronde van Vlaanderen race statistics page
In Table 1 you can find our Ronde van Vlaanderen predictions. The predictions are based on Zweeler game points (so you do not see e.g. probabilities). In the Zweeler game’s riders score points by ending up in the top 25 of a race. The first place is good for 120 points, the 25th spot yields just 1 point. Points scored as overall winner (separate prediction) are not included. Since it is a single race game more expected points indeed mean a higher probability of winning. Furthermore, keep in mind that:
- Our predictions are based on quantitative models and are presented in hard tables instead of stories.
- We are continuously improving our prediction models and some type of predictions may be better than others.
- Especially the classics/single day race algorithms have room for improvement. We, for example, do not account for nationality and race location. Not something to judge lightly in Flanders!
- Always combine these cycling predictions with other information.
- The predictions are generated for the riders on the final startlist that we downloaded the 6rd of April from Zweeler.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to send us a message.