The E3 Binckbank Classic is the second of a sequence of spring classics in Flanders at the World Tour level. Unlike The Driedaagse earlier this week, this is not a sprint stage, but more something for the ‘puncheurs’ in the peloton. For this stage we have a separate page with detailed route maps and elevation profiles.
The predictions for the E3 Binckbank Classic can be found in Table 1. and are based on Zweeler game points (so you do not see e.g. probabilities). In the Zweeler game’s riders score points by ending up in the top 25 of a race. The first place is good for 120 points, the 25th spot yields just 1 point. Points scored as overall winner (separate prediction) are not included. Since it is a single race game more expected points indeed mean a higher probability of winning. Furthermore, keep in mind that:
- Our predictions are based on quantitative models and are presented in hard tables instead of stories.
- We are continuously improving our prediction models and some type of predictions may be better than others.
- Especially the classics/single day race algorithms have room for improvement. We, for example, do not account for nationality and race location. Not something to judge lightly in Flanders!
- Always combine these cycling predictions with other information.
- The predictions are generated for the riders on the startlist that we downloaded the 28th of March from Zweeler.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to send us a message.